Guest talk by David Mills
Has anyone asked questions about my question?
Reinterpretation of my question - they might think it differently.
Question iteration: How can I equip Gen Z with the tools to better filter information received from their immediate adult circle?
- Check the test. Check the clarity.
- My interventions can be unclear. Be clear.
- Actively talk less to get feedback. Be less defensive.
- What's my TA like? Do a survey.
- Stakeholders/experts: Why am I talking to them?
- 'What do you want?' - What others think when I send them questions.
- Respect their tone.
- Be targeted.
- Have a good catch subject header - Not so catchy that it goes to spam.
- Personalise. Introduce your work before yourself.
- How: what's their relevance to my interest and the relationship to the subject?
- Save information for the actual meeting.
- Why is their input important? Why me?
- Keep it small.
- Communicate why they're important.
- 'I appreciate you are busy'.
- Be patient. Wait 7-10 days to follow up.
- Information in the books are old. So have real world answers.